Save The Three Cups Hotel

The Three Cups Hotel

Campaigning for preservation of the hotel where J.R.R. Tolkien stayed and gained inspiration for his mythology. Jane Austen, G.K. Chesterton, Tennyson and H.W. Longfellow were also guests. The hotel featured in the film, “The French Lieutenant’s Woman”. Please send articles to me, Andrew Townsend, at afmt@btinternet.com or add a comment. Thanks to David Moss for all his work. Comments are closed at WDDC for the plans to redevelop the site but you can still write to the papers.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Turner and Whistler in Lyme Regis

Whilst I am not aware of any connections between the famous painters, Turner and Whistler, and The Three Cups Hotel, I was interested to read a web page called "A short history of Lyme Regis" which explains that they both visited Lyme Regis and painted there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said…

I live in the cottage where Whistler stayed and I am an artist! He signed his signature in the shape of a dragonfly and one day I found a perfectly dried dragonfly in a lampshade in the cottage. How about that then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home